Pages

Thursday 8 December 2011

MissTake 1

There is a reason I've called my blog MissKathrynsMissTakes - because I do make rather a lot of them! But otherwise, I'd never learn, right? :D

Okay, so maybe I start to learn!

Under the tutorledge of my very good friend Jackie, I've become schooled in the power of the mix CD. Not a playlist in Spotify thanks! And who has a tape player these days (Er, me...!).

So there may be someone I want to impress, and so when challanged to make a mix CD, I accepted the challange - quite gleefully in fact!

Now, I'm a little rusty, but this was my first attempt:

Nuggets: Original Artyfacts from the First Psychedelic Era is a compilation album of American garage rock singles released in the mid- to late 1960s. It was assembled by Jac Holzman, founder of Elektra Records, and Lenny Kaye, later lead guitarist for the Patti Smith Group.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuggets:_Original_Artyfacts_from_the_First_Psychedelic_Era,_1965%E2%80%931968
Not all these songs came from Nuggets, but it was a kind of door opening into the world of 60s psych, pop, soul, funk etc:
1. 54 - 46 That's My Number The Maytals
2. The Clapping Song Shirley Ellis
3. Have Love Will Travel The Sonics
4. House That Jack Built Aretha Franklin
5. Sunshine of Your Love Spanky Wilson
6. Hush Joe South
7. I'm A Good Woman Barbara Lynn
8. I Got A Woman Ray Charles
9. Baby Please Don't Go The Amboy Dukes
10. Pictures of Matchstick Men The Status Quo
11. Nutbush City Limits Ike & Tina Turner
12. Respect Otis Reading
13. Victoria The Kinks
14. My Little Red Book Love
15. Gloria Patti Smith
16. Psychotic Reaction The Count Five
17. Hi-Heel Sneakers Tommy Tucker
18. Here Come the Girls Ernie K. Doe
19. Sometimes Good Guys Don't Wear White The Standells
20. Liar, Liar The Castaways
21. Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown) The Beatles

Now, yes, I provided the above text with the CD... and now I feel a little exposed!! Still, only time will tell.

And what did I get in return? Well, the opportunity to listen to Joy Division bootleg of course! No wonder I feel about 16. But that may be due to something else!

Much love my lovelies,
K xx

1 comment:

  1. Nothing like a blog to make you pour your heart out is there! Still, felt cathartic x

    ReplyDelete